Tuesday, August 9, 2011

count on me, Singapore (1986)

happy birthday Singapore! its so nice, to wake up early on national day, drive down the empty streets and go to work. anyway i also had the chance to take a double decker bus this morning and it feels so nice! reminds me of when i was a kid taking 74 home after school sometimes. various national day songs were playing in my head and i felt like i was in a scene of some national day video. thats the nice part, most of these videos are of ordinary people doing ordinary things that makes us Singaporeans. the weather today is really nice too! i walked from river valley to tiong bahru and it was bearable haha. had brunch with my secondary school friends and came home to wash my car. i think all Singaporeans love national day, its a holiday, we get to wear red, there's fireworks and deep down inside, no matter how much we complain about whatsoever, we know that we appreciate this little dot that we all call home.

No comments: